AOL email account is a free webmail service that is popularly used for sharing and receiving emails among clients. This webmail service always offers a safe and amazing email experience to all its users across the globe. It is a world-famous email service that can be accessed on any device. All you need is its email address and password. But sometimes, you might face some problems while logging-in your AOL account, you need to apply some AOL email recovery process to recover your account as soon as possible.
How to recover AOL account without password?
Don’t you remember your AOL account password? If not, don’t panic. You can even recover your account without your password. AOL proffers multiple ways in which you can simply recover AOL account password. But there are many users who don’t know the exact AOL mail password recovery method. You can simply follow the steps given below in order to get your account back:
- Firstly, open AOL Mail sign-in page, i.e., https://login.aol.com.
- Now, enter your username or email ID for which you want to recover the password.
- Click on the “I forgot my password” link located just below the Sign in tab.
- Enter your username in the required field and then click on Next button.
- Enter the registered phone number linked to your AOL account.
- Click on Next the button.
- After entering the mobile number, you will receive a verification code sent by AOL to your provided number. This is basically done to verify your identity. Then, click on Yes button adjacent to text me a verification code.
- Enter the code received on your phone number and click on the Verify tab.
- This will open a new page where you can enter a new password for your AOL account. Re-enter the same password to confirm.
Once you are done with the above steps, click on the Save button to complete the AOL mail password recovery process.
How do I recover AOL account without phone number?
What if you don’t have the registered phone number? You can still recover your AOL account. All you have to do is:
- First of all, visit AOL account log-in page and enter the correct email address and password that you have used last time to access your account.
- If you are facing any problem, click on the forgot password button and enter the alternate email address.
- Then, click on the verify button. After this, you will receive a verification code on the email account that you have entered. Check your mail and click on the verification code.
- Enter the received code in the required field and then you will see the password recovery link. Click on the link and enter the new password in both fields.
How to recover AOL account without recovery email address?
If you are unable to recover the password using the email address, you can recover it using a phone number. All you have to do is:
- Before applying any method, make sure that you have entered the correct email address and password to recover your account.
- If you are unable to do so, click on the Forgot password button and enter the phone number linked to your account.
- Now, you will receive a verification code on that phone number. Check your phone and enter the code on your mobile phone.
- At last, enter the new password into both new and confirm password field that appeared on the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to reset or change AOL password without a phone number?
To reset your account without a phone number, you can use the alternative email address. All you have to do is click on the Forgot password button and enter your alternative email address. Then you will receive a verification link on your email account. Click on the link and enter a new password, twice.
How to get into AOL email without a password?
You need an email address and password to get your account. If you don’t have a password, then you can follow the steps given below:
- Open any browser on your system and open AOL.com. On the Sign-in page, enter your username and click on the “Next” button.
- On the log-in page, enter your password and click on the “forgot password?” option.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
Can I reactivate an old AOL account?
Yes, you can reactivate your AOL account and start getting emails. But for this, you have to log in to your account between 90 and 180 days.
You can apply any of the above-mentioned steps for AOL Account Recovery. It is quite easy to get your AOL Mail account back after resetting it with a new password. In case you are facing some other issue, find the exact cause of your problem for better assistance. And then apply some common troubleshooting methods to get your account back.