Just like Gmail and Yahoo, AOL email is also one of the oldest parts of the email world. AOL Com is known as a free email service provider in the whole world since after its existence in 1985. AOL email provides a wide range of features like an Unsend feature, calendar, an AIM panel, and much more to its users. But sometimes, many users have complained that they face some sort of AOL Mail login issues. It is one of the main issues that people run into, and need some troubleshooting methods to solve the problem.
What are AOL Mail Login Issues?
There are many AOL mail login issues that you might face while signing in to your account at https://mail.aol.com/. Some of them are given below:
- Blank screen during logging in,
- Some kind of authentication error,
- Missing AOL log in credentials,
- Mailbox loading error in any particular browser, and
- Unable to synchronize your account.
Whatever the problem you are facing, the issue needs to be replaced as soon as possible. So firstly, try to identify the exact cause of your problem and then opt for some best troubleshooting guides to fix AOL mail sign-in problems and issues. These issues can also occur due to an invalid password entered by you while logging in. In such a case, enter the correct password to troubleshoot the issue.
How to fix AOL Mail Login Problem?
You might have received an error message while signing in to your account. There can be several reasons, mainly it is because of the incorrect settings of the browser or due to an outdated version of the browser. Follow the steps given below in order to fix the AOL mail login problem:
Verify user login details
Mostly the AOL Login problems occur due to wrong login credentials entered by you while signing in to your AOL account. This will display an error message, indicating “Cannot log in to AOL mail”. If you are sure that the login credentials you are putting is right, then it will be best to reset your password. For this:
- Open any browser and go to “AOL mail login site”, i.e., login.aol.com.
- Enter your username and click on the Next button.
- Then click on the option indicating “Trouble signing in”
- This will pop-up two options on your screen to reset your password. You can either use the alternative email id or registered mobile number for this.
- You will receive an OTP code for resetting your password on the selected mode.
- You can easily set a new password after entering the code in the required field.
- Now, you can log in to your AOL mail account and access all its services.
Check Your Internet Connection
Sometimes, there might be improper or poor internet connection that can definitely hamper your AOL mail sign-in now process. Generally, you need a good internet connection to access the AOL mail account and its features.
Make sure that you have a stable internet connection and your system is properly counter to any internet source. Once you are sure for your internet connection, open the AOL mail login site, i.e, www.mail.aol.com. Once the AOL mail com login window appears on the screen, enter your username and password. You’ll be able to log in easily if you are still facing some issues, read more.
Change your Firewall Settings in AOL
Some third-party firewall installed on your computer can also cause AOL com login issues. A firewall is mainly used to blocks some of the unknown websites to prevent unauthorized access to your system or any of its settings. You have to change some settings of your Firewall to fix this issue. Follow the steps given below to change your settings:
- Type in CP in the search box of your windows and open the control panel from the context menu that appeared on the screen.
- Search for “Windows Firewall” in the search box of the Control panel.
- Click on the tab indicating “allowed programs”
- Verify if the AOL mail login site is working properly or not.
- Remove the tick from the dialogue box adjacent to the “Web Filtering” option
Reopen the browser and try logging in again to your account by entering the correct login credentials.
Update the AOL Application
If none of the above methods has worked, visit https://help.aol.com/articles/help-signing-in to check some other causes and troubleshooting methods to get your account back.
If you are using an AOL application instead of a web version, make sure you are using the updated application. As some outdated versions can cause “AOL mail sign-in problems”. To sign up or create an AOL email account, you should use only an updated application.
It is a very simple process to update your AOL application. All you need to do is visit the Play Store or App Store, find your app and click on the Update button. Updating the app can also help you to get rid of AOL mail login issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I sign in to my AOL account?
There can be several reasons that make you unable to login to your AOL account. It might be due to any of the following reasons:
- Poor internet connection
- Wrong Login Credentials.
- Problem due to any third-party application.
How to clear a saved screen name in an AOL sign-in page?
Follow the steps given below to delete the associated screen name from the sign-in list.
- Open the AOL Desktop application.
- Click the first drop-down menu and choose the screen name that you want to remove.
- Uncheck the box adjacent to “Remember Me.”
Why won’t AOL let me sign in to my account?
If you are unable to login into your account, follow the steps given below to get your account back:
- Go to the AOL main-page.
- Click on the login / sign-in button from the upper right-hand corner.
- Then, click on the Sign-up option from the bottom of the screen.
- Enter and submit the required information.
Though AOL mail is one of the best email services, but sometimes there might be some software fluctuations that can causes errors when you log in to your account. If you are unable to log in to your AOL mail account, apply some troubleshooting methods to fix the AOL mail login problem.