Just like most email services, AOL also provides you an option to block unwanted emails coming to your inbox. Blocking all the unnecessary emails from your AOL account will help you to keep things organized in your inbox. However, there are many methods to block emails on AOL, depending upon whether you’re using AOL Mail in a browser or mobile app. Here’s how do I block an email sender of AOL mail account.
Quick Steps to block emails on AOL mail
Sometimes, you may experience various issues due to such unwanted emails coming to your inbox. Blocking such emails will definitely fix many common problems like AOL mail login issues, etc. It is very easy to block users with specific email addresses in your AOL account. You just have to use AOL Mail filters feature to block someone on AOL mail. The detailed procedure for same is given below:
- Firstly, log in to your AOL Mail account from its desktop app or any web browser.
- Click ‘Options’ on the toolbar and tap ‘AOL Mail Settings’ followed by a click on ‘Spam Setting’ in the sidebar.
- Now, choose ‘Spam Controls’ from the ‘Settings’ menu and then click ‘Edit Spam Controls’.
- Locate and select ‘Block mails from Addresses I specify’ option under ‘Sender Filter’ setting.
- Then enter the particular addresses or domain names from which you want to block emails. If you want to block users in web browser, then enter the whole email address into the given text box.
- In case, if you have to provide multiple emails, then type each by entering a comma after each email to separate them.
- At last, click the Save button after entering all the email addresses that you want to block to save changes.
Once you are done with the above steps, you will not receive any mail from all the email address you’ve added to the list. These steps allow you to block multiple senders, you just have to add a comma after adding email addresses. And at last, click save settings to complete the procedure.
How to Block Emails on AOL for iPhone?
There are times when you need to manage spam and junk mails on AOL inbox to prevent it from looking stuffed and messy. This problem keeps you bothering with their service plans and emails coming or going out of your inbox. If you forget password while logging in to the app, you can reset AOL password to get your account back.
You need to follow certain steps to block the sender on AOL while using it on iPhone. All you need to do is:
- Log in to your AOL account in your iPhone app.
- Tap the mail icon followed by “Settings” and then click on “Spam Controls.”
- Now, click ‘’Edit spam Controls’’.
- This will display “Block mail from addresses I specify’’ option where you need to enter mail address that you want to block.
- At last, click on Save button.
All these steps will definitely help you to block emails on AOL mail account. If you are facing any problem, get in touch with technical support team. We will help you to solve all the problems and provide you common assistance to troubleshoot your issue. Our customer support team will help you 24*7 as we believe in gaining trust and confidence from our customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I permanently block an email address?
Firstly, sign in to your AOL account and enter the email addresses that you want to block in “Block mail from addresses I specify” section. At last, click ‘Save’ button to block that email address permanently.
How to stop AOL emails in Gmail?
If you want to block someone with the @aol.com domain in Gmail, open any mail from them and click the three dots. This will open a menu from where you need to select the “Block Sender” option. Again, click “block” in the pop-up window to confirm your decision.