Once you know that CenturyLink email settings, you can pair it with any email client of your choice and receive all your emails on a single platform. Centurylink email server settings for SMTP, IMPA, and POP3 are given in this document so that you can easily link up your account.
This article is totally dedicated to those people who have been long searching for these details. So, what are you waiting for, jump to the section you find more informative.
Centurylink email server settings – SMTP, IMAP, POP3
Centurylink email SMTP Settings
- The server name should be Smtp.centurylink.netPort value- 587
- Select ‘TLS’, if available
- Username- Enter your Centurylink email ID
- Server limit- 20MB by default
- Send limit- 100 contacts
Centurylink email IMAP Settings
Incoming server settings
- For IMAP- enter mail.centurylink.net
- Port value- 993
- Choose SSL as the security type
Outgoing server settings
- For username, enter your full email address
- Sent limit is set to 20MB by default
- Also, the sent limit is limited to 100 contacts
- While you are using SMTP, the sent limit is 500 per hour
- If you want to use webmail services, the limit is 100 per hour
Centurylink email POP3 Settings
- POP should be set to pop.centurylink.net
- Port value- 995
- Security- SSL
While settings up the Centurylink email server with another client, if you input these details correctly, you will not face any issues on your way to set it up.
CenturyLink email settings for outlook
If you want to set up your CenturyLink email with Outlook, you can apply the settings given here:
- Open Outlook and tap ‘File’.
- Select ‘Info’ > ‘Account Settings’.
- Select ‘Account Settings’ again on the new screen.
- Tap on the ‘New’ option > ‘Manual setup’/ ‘additional server types’.
- Click ‘Next’ > POP or IMAP > Next.
- Now, type your name and email address.
- Select ‘POP3’ from the drop-down menu.
- For incoming mail server, select pop.centurylink.net.
- In the outgoing mail server, enter smtp.centurylink.net.
- In the username field, enter your Centurylink email address.
- Enter the password of the same account.
- Tap ‘more settings’ and be sure if SMTP requires authentication.
- Now, tap ‘Advanced’ and ensure the incoming server shows 995.
- Tick-mark the ‘Encryption connection’ box.
- For the outgoing server, 587 should be selected.
- Select ‘OK’ > ‘Close’ > ‘Finish’ buttons.
CenturyLink webmail email settings iPhone or iPad
- From any iOS device, go to its ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down to find and tap on ‘Mail’.
- Tap ‘Add Mail Account’.
- For hostname, enter pop.centurylink.net.
- In place of a username, enter your email ID.
- Enter the related password in the password field.
- On the Outgoing Mail Server, enter the following:
- Hostname- pop.centurylink.net
- Username- centurylink email
- Password- the related password
- Select ‘Save’ and choose our new email ID on the next screen.
- Then, tap on the main server and select pop.centurylink.net.
- For SSL, select ‘None’, for port enter 143, and select ‘Done’.
- Now, tap ‘Advanced’ and make sure that the server port is now pop.centurylink.net.
- Tap ‘Finish’ and restart your phone.
CenturyLink webmail email settings Android
- Open your mail app and go to its settings.
- Tap on ‘add new mail account’ and select ‘POP3’.
- Now, enter your email ID and its password.
- Select the manual setup option and verify the following information.
- First, verify the email address and password.
- For the incoming mail server, verify that it shows ‘pop.centurylink.net’.
- 993 should be the port value and SSL is the security type.
- After checking these details, click ‘Next’
- Now, verify the Outgoing mail server settings.
- Port value has to be 143 and the Security type should be ‘None.’
- In the outgoing value, you need to enter ‘Pop.centurylink.net’.
- Select ‘Yes’ for the authorization.
- Enter the details you are asked for.
- Click ‘Next’ >’ Close’ and ‘Finish’.
- Restart your device when you are finished.
In some places, if the centurylink.net does not serve the purpose, you can try to replace it with centurytel.net. This is because Centurylink is a part of the Century Tel Communication services. If you wish to set up any other email client to another email client, you can learn about doing so by going through our other blog-posts.