Do you want to know how to sync your Yahoo email account across any device? It is very simple and easy to do syncing and unsyncing your Yahoo Mail account with different devices and email clients. To begin the Yahoo email account setup process, all you have to do is input and apply the basic Yahoo mail server settings.
These proper Yahoo mail settings are required to troubleshoot many email services. If you are unable to send/receive emails on your Yahoo mail account, then check if there is any problem with the incoming or outgoing mail server settings. You need to tweak the IMAP or POP and SMTP settings for the incoming and outgoing mail server. Check out the complete article to know the proper methods to sync your Yahoo account with any device.
Quick Methods to Sync Yahoo Methods
You can change the sync email settings on email clients like Outlook, Windows Mail, Gmail or any other email service provider. You can change the Yahoo mail app sync frequency by following the steps given below:
- Open the Setting application on your Android device.
- When the Settings app opens, scroll down and click on the Add account button.
- Select Email and enter your Yahoo email address and password in the required place.
- Then, click on the Next button and configure Yahoo mail sync settings. Again, click on the Next button.
- Enter a name that will be displayed when you send an email. Click on the Next tab.
This completes the Yahoo mail setup and sync frequency setup and troubleshoots Yahoo mail not working issue on your Android device.
How to change Sync Mail Setting on iPhone?
If you are an iPhone user, then follow the below-given steps to know how to sync yahoo mail with iPhone or iPad:
- Go to the home screen of your iPhone and click on the Settings app to open it.
- Click on the ‘Passwords & Accounts’ option from the list and then select the email account whose sync settings you want to change.
- Tap the button indicating ‘Mail Days to Sync’ and mention the duration for the mail days to sync, for example, no limit, one day, two days, etc.
- If you select the ‘No Limit’ option, all your emails will be automatically synchronized. Then, tap the Home button of your iPhone to return to its home screen.
How do I sync Yahoo email with Outlook and Gmail?
Follow the steps given below in order to sync your Yahoo account with outlook:
- First of all, open the Play Store and download the Outlook Android app in your mobile phone.
- Once the app is successfully installed, launch the application and start syncing mail.
- Next, click on the Calendar icon and then tap the 3 horizontal lines to open the menu.
- Next, tap the Add Calendar button and then click the option indicating, “Add an account“.
- After executing the above steps, touch the checkmark to save the account to the Outlook Android application.
If you ever can’t sign in yahoo mail account, then the above-mentioned steps will help to get your account back and to sync it with your Outlook account.
What Causes Yahoo email sync problems?
There can be several reasons that can cause the Yahoo Mail sync problem in your device. Given below are some of the main and common reasons that cause the Yahoo Mail problem; check out below.
- Outdated version
- Sync is OFF
- Wrong server settings
- Improper installation
- Cache memory
- Outdated operating system
Once you come to know the exact cause of such a sync issue, firstly try to identify the proper solution for your problem. The sync error can be caused due to restrictions of various services like Yahoo mail not receiving emails, issues while updating contacts, problems in sending emails, etc. Before applying any technical method to fix the issue, you should check the functionality of the app, ensure whether the app is functioning properly with an updated operating system. If not, then update the operating system before applying any other method to get out of it.