Comcast Corporation has made a remarkable journey because of their excellent customer service, reach, and popularity. There are almost 50 million subscribers from all across the world that use the Xfinity email account. But, despite of all the comprehensive features and benefits you might experience some issues while using your account. These issues can be due to any reason, it can be caused because of improper Xfinity email settings or incorrect login credentials. If you are facing any technical errors and issues, don’t panic. You can easily troubleshoot the problem by applying any of the following troubleshooting methods:
So, if you’re also unable to sign in to your Comcast email account, then before applying any technical method check whether the Comcast email IMAP/SMTP server settings are properly configured. Even if you are facing issues after a proper configuration, check whether Comcast’s Xfinity internet service is working properly, and are you able to log in at https://login.xfinity.com/login.
Common Tips to Fix Comcast Email Login Issues
Once you come to know the exact login issue with your Comcast email account, you can apply some basic troubleshooting tips or solutions to solve your problem. So, instead of finding the exact issue with your Comcast email, check different methods for how to troubleshoot the Comcast login issue!
- Make sure that you have a strong internet network connection. For this, check whether your Comcast modem/router is properly connected to your system.
- Ensure whether you have turn off and turn on the ‘NUMLOCK’ and ‘CAPSLOCK’ keys at the time of entering your account password because passwords are always case-sensitive.
- Never copy-paste your password. In such a case, your password can be copied with a ‘Space’ either at the beginning or at the end.
- Cross-check your password to make sure that you have not done any kind of typo-error while in a hurry.
- If your browser is auto-filling your old password. Also, check your browser’s ‘Auto-fill Settings’ is updated with your current password.
- Make sure your browser is compatible with Comcast email and if required, update your web browser’s version.
- Last but not the least; temporarily disable all the third-party antivirus and Windows Firewall installed in your system.
Also, copy and paste the following link: https://webmail.comcast.com/ in your browser to open the login page of Comcast.
How do I Recover Comcast Email Account by Resetting Password?
It is very simple to recover the Comcast email account. You can reset the password by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, open your web browser, paste this link https://login.xfinity.com/login in the search box, and press the ‘Enter’ button to open the official Xfinity website.
- Click on the ‘Sign in’ button located at the top-right corner of the home page that appeared on the screen. This will open a new Comcast sign-in page on your computer screen.
- There, enter the correct Comcast email login credentials, like registered mobile number or username in the required text field and then click on the ‘Forgot Xfinity ID or Password?’ link to reset your password.
- Then a new page asking for ‘Reset your Password Options’ will open. Here, you have to again enter your ‘Email ID’ twice and then click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- After that, you have to enter the ‘CAPTCHA’ on the next screen and select one among the following ‘Password recovery’ options:
- Option1: You can receive the password reset code on your Comcast email address
- Option 2: You will receive the password reset code on the registered phone number
- Option 3: You have to answer your security question that you have selected at the time of the sign-up process.
- After selecting the relevant option, you will get the verification link. Click on the link and enter a new password for your Comcast email account.
- Now, go back to the ‘Xfinity Sign-in’ page and enter your ‘Comcast Email ID’ along with the ‘Comcast Password’ to login to your Comcast account.
If you are still facing any issues, then visit https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/sign-in-to-email-or-voicemail-on-xfinity to check the detailed process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find Xfinity account?
Follow the steps given below in order to find your Xfinity account:
- Log in to the Xfinity My Account app.
- The Account Information section will appear on the screen that displays your name and Xfinity ID.
- Click on the title to view other account information, like Account Number, service and billing address, and much more.
How can I access my old Comcast email?
- To get your old account back, go to xfinity.com and log in with your email address and password.
- Click on the Email tab to go to the mailbox.
- Right-click on the Trash folder or click on the More Actions icon (three horizontal lines) adjacent to the trash folder. At last, click on the Recover Deleted Items button to get your last or old account.
How do I find out my Xfinity username and password?
Usually, your Xfinity ID is your email or mobile number. You can use the online lookup tool if you don’t remember your Xfinity ID.
Does Comcast email end in com or net?
As a residential customer, your Comcast email account ends in @comcast.net.