AOL desktop gold offers various features to its users that make the application easy to use them. Among all those features, a smooth user interface is something that many people access in the app. There is no need to open different tabs to access different AOL products as everything is available on a single platform.
There are millions of people who use this application on a daily basis. In short, this app has become an inevitable part of people’s life now. There are many problems that you might face while using AOL desktop gold. One of the most common issues that you might encounter is AOL Desktop Gold Won’t open. Here, in this article, we have mentioned in detail how to troubleshoot this problem.
Why AOL Desktop Gold doesn’t Launch?
There are many reasons that can cause such a problem for you, it actually depends upon the situation. Along with the technical glitches and improper AOL mail settings, we have mentioned some of its popular reasons in the below section:
- Problem during installation: There can be some problem while downloading the desktop software, which eventually affects it later.
- Incompatible system: It is important to check if there is any compatibility issue and also ensure that there is no application currently running on your computer which prevents it from being run.
- Infected Virus: Your computer might have some viruses, that retrieve it from being open.
- Corrupted or malfunctioning hard disk also prevents your AOL desktop from running properly.
Quick Steps to Fix ‘AOL Desktop Won’t Open’ Issue
You can apply these methods to fix the AOL Gold won’t open issue on the system:
- First of all, scan your system with anti-virus tests and remove all the threat files installed in it.
- Check your system’s requirements to check if it is compatible with your application.
- Ensure that your system is properly connected to internet connection.
- Make sure that automatic updates are enabled to upgrade AOL desktop gold.
- Clear all the cache and delete temporary files and history from the browser settings to fix the problem.
- Turn off the firewall as it may cause the ‘AOL Gold won’t open’ issue.
- Delete duplicate files to create space in the RAM memory of your device.
- Avoid downloading applications that are interfering with your internet.
If the AOL desktop gold is still causing problems even after following the above steps, then you need to reinstall the AOL desktop gold application on your device. All you have to do is, apply the following steps-
- First, navigate to the ‘control panel’ and click on the option indicating ‘uninstall program’. Now, locate and click on AOL desktop gold from the list of programs to uninstall it.
- Now go to the AOL gold website and download and install the AOL desktop software.
- After this restart your system to complete the installation process.
How To resolve Gold Icon Not Responding or Working?
After successful installation of the software, AOL icon appears on the desktop. Then, double-click on this icon to open the software and enter the login credential for successful AOL mail login. However, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the problem of the ‘AOL gold icon not responding’ issue.
- Firstly, restart your system as restarting clears the memory in RAM and makes room to store the click action performed on this icon
- Check your network and internet connections by configuring network settings from control panel.
- For this, open ‘Control Panel’ and tap on ‘Network Settings’.
- Then, click on ‘Network and Sharing centre’ followed by a click on the ‘Change Advanced Settings’ option.
- Now tap the ‘Internet Connections’ and then click on ‘Network Adapter’ option.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Once the process is successfully completed, restart your system.
Hope, this article has mentioned all the information that you required. These are steps that may help you to fix issue of AOL desktop icon not responding or not working. You can apply these easy fixes to fix ‘AOL gold not working’ issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I open AOL on my computer?
There are many reasons by which AOL desktop won’t open on your device. Some of them are:
- There can be problems due to incompatibility with other applications installed on the PC.
- Virus or malware on your system while running AOL Gold Application on your system.
- Corrupted or malfunctioning hard disk prevent AOL desktop from opening.
Is AOL Desktop gold being discontinued?
If Desktop Gold app doesn’t launch properly on your system and providing an error message indicating “AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working” when you open Desktop Gold or try to install it. In such a case, you’ll need to download and run an updated install file.