Gmail is one of the top-rated email service providers that is used by people around the world. Though it is relatively new, but it becomes popular in a very short period. It also provides a chat and calling feature that connects users in no time. But sometimes, you might have experienced Gmail not working issue on your system. Whenever such an issue occurs on your account, find the exact cause and proper troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue at the earliest.
In this blog section, we will help you with some common Gmail issues like Gmail notifications not working, unable to send or receive emails, and many more. Apart from that, we also have some troubleshooting ideas to bring your Gmail account again in a working state. So, keep reading.
What to do if my Gmail is not working properly?
If you are facing any issue with your Gmail account, apply any of the following methods to get rid of your problem:
Gmail Not Syncing Issue:-
Many people have complained about issues in syncing their Google account. When it occurs, a notification indicating, “sync is currently experiencing issues” will appear on your screen. It can be fixed by clearing the data and cache from the Google application. All you have to do is:
- Firstly, click on the “Settings” option on the top-right corner of your Gmail window and then on the “Apps”.
- Now, check whether the option of “All Apps” is chosen. Now, scroll down the list till you find your Gmail account.
- Click on the Gmail option and then again click on the “Storage” option.
- Then, click on the “Clear data” option. Now, wait for a while till the process is successfully completed. Click on the “Clear cache” option.
If the Gmail account not working problems are not restricted to Gmail, then you can apply the same above-mentioned steps with other Google apps. You can also visit https://support.google.com/mail/?hl=en#topic=3394215 to access the Google support page.
Gmail Notifications Not Working
Gmail notifications help users to get new notifications any new emails or updates alarmingly popped up on the screen. If you are facing issues related to Gmail notifications, firstly check if the IMAP is properly enabled. You can fix the Gmail not working on iPhone or iPad or any other device by following steps given below:
- Open your Gmail application from your Android mobile phone.
- Select the Menu icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Settings option and then select the email for which you are receiving the notifications-related issues.
- Then, click on the Inbox Notifications option.
- Make sure to check the box adjacent to the ‘Notify for every message’ option.
- Again, go to the Settings window. Click on the General Settings option followed by the Manage Notifications option.
Once you are done with the above steps, enable the Mail feature to receive notifications for all the mails coming to your account.
Gmail Loading Issues:-
Sometimes, there are some loading issues that can occur in your Gmail account. To recover a Gmail account in such a case, all you have to do is:
- Before applying any technical methods, check whether your Gmail is down. If it is down, waits until it comes back online. After that visit https://www.google.com/gmail/about/# and login to your account.
- If the same issue persists every time in any browser, try another browser to check there is no issue in a different browser.
- Next, disable all third-party applications like antivirus programs temporarily. Sometimes, software like an antivirus program may conflict with any other installed applications like Gmail. So, temporarily disabling such software can resolve your task.
- Make some changes in your browser’s privacy settings. You can manually add the Google mail website to the list of allowed sites so that your browser can automatically connect it to your account.
After executing the above steps, reinstall your web browser. If your Gmail is not loading issue still exists, reinstall your browser.
Are you still confused on how to troubleshoot Gmail not working issue or how to bring your Gmail account again in a working state? If yes, then apply any of the above-mentioned methods to bring fix your issue.