Hotmail Account provides the best email services to its users. But like others, you may face some issues while using your Hotmail account. One of the most common issues that occur with your account is Hotmail not receiving emails. Usually, this error occurs if the recipient’s email address is blocked in the Hotmail settings. Here, in this article, we have mentioned proper troubleshooting methods that you can follow to fix such issues with your Hotmail account.
Why Am I Not Receiving Emails on Hotmail?
There are certain reasons why you are unable to receive emails on Hotmail account. Some of them are given below:
- There may be some filters in the incoming filters.
- The swipe rule is in active status on your Hotmail account.
- Emails might have been routed or forwarded to another email account.
- Improperly configured IMAP or POP3 settings.
- Unstable or poor internet connection.
- Anti-virus application or firewall is blocking the incoming messages.
- You have blocked any specific domain or sender on the Hotmail account.
How to Fix Problems Like Hotmail not Receiving Emails?
Once you know the exact cause of your Hotmail not receiving emails, it’s time to apply proper troubleshooting methods to get it resolved. Given below are some common methods that you can try if Hotmail not receiving emails.
Method 01: Check Junk Email Folder
If your Hotmail account is not receiving emails, then there may be chances that your emails directly reach the Junk email folder. The Junk Email folder of your Hotmail account may contain the missing emails. If you get your email in that folder, right-click on it and select the “Mark as not junk” option. After that, your email will be moved back to your inbox.
Method 02: Check the Inbox Filter Settings
If you have configured your Hotmail inbox to filter messages according to the category, Hotmail not receiving emails on Android or iOS devices may occur. If you have sorted emails in another way except the default one, you will fail to get the incoming messages. In such cases, you can follow these methods:
- To filter your emails, go to Filter > All.
- For sorting your emails, go to Filter > Sort by.
If you have to check the recent messages, choose the Date option. Similarly, if you have to look for messages from any particular person, select the From option.
Method 03: Check your Blocked Senders Lists
If you are not receiving Hotmail emails on iPhone, Android, or another device, check on Blocked senders and Safe senders lists. For this:
- Navigate to the Settings option and choose View all Hotmail settings.
- Next, you have to select Mail and then click on the Junk email folder.
- Check if the sender’s email address is listed under the Blocked senders’ list. For this, choose that email address and select the Remove option.
- At last, click the Save button.
Method 04: Check the Email Rules
- Open the Settings of your Hotmail account and choose the View full settings option.
- Now, you have to choose Mail and then select the Rules option.
- If the email address of the sender is in the Blocked list, select that particular email address and choose Remove. Click the Save button.
Method 05: Check if Email Forwarding is Enabled
If the Email forwarding option is enabled on your Hotmail account, then you may face issues like Hotmail not receiving emails from Gmail or other domains. To disable this, you have to:
- Navigate to the Forwarding settings option.
- Next, you have to select Stop forwarding.
- To keep the email forwarding option enabled, make sure that the checkbox next to Keep a copy of forwarded messages is checked.
The above-mentioned methods will help you to fix Hotmail not receiving emails issue in all the possible conditions. Just apply these steps to configure Hotmail email settings to resolve such issues with your Hotmail account. Hotmail has its own restrictions, that you have to figure out to resolve the issues with Hotmail. If you have any queries related to Hotmail, feel free to contact Hotmail support 24×7.