Apple iCloud email is a popular email client developed by Apple Inc. that can be easily operated on various operating systems, including macOS, iOS, and other related devices. There are various options available when it comes to setting up a new email account. To create a new Apple iCloud email and to troubleshoot some common iCloud issues, you’ve to follow certain steps. It is quite easy to use iCloud emails, but sometimes you might face some issues like iCloud mail not working, unable to send or receive emails, and many more. Whatever the issue you are facing, find the exact cause and proper troubleshooting methods to fix it.
How do I fix iCloud Mail Not Receiving Mails?
If your iCloud mail not working on iPhone or iPad, don’t panic. There can be several types of issues like you may be unable to log in, send, or receive email, or it might be slow and glitchy. You can check the system status of your iCloud by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, open Apple’s System Status page.
- Locate iCloud Mail from the list.
- If the checkbox adjacent to iCloud Mail is green, then your iCloud account is running normally from their end and you can easily access all its functionalities. If the circle is blue in color, then there are some issues in your account. Identify the problem and properly fix it at the earliest.
How Can I Report an iCloud Mail Issue?
Whenever any issue is found and it is not listed, you can report it such problems by following the steps given below:
- Open the iCloud Feedback form in your system.
- Enter your name and email address in the required field.
- In the Subject field, type in a one-line summary of the iCloud email problem.
- Click on the Feedback Type button and then choose the “Mail” option.
- Now, write a brief detailed message in the comments area. Here, you have to explain everything why you think iCloud Mail isn’t working, what methods you’ve tried to fix it when you have noticed the issue, and what you were expecting to happen that didn’t.
- After explaining all the information in detail, fill out the remaining fields in the feedback form and click on the Submit Feedback option.
Quick Steps to Fix iCloud Mail Not Working Issues?
It is quite simple to bring your iCloud account again in a working state. If you can’t access your iCloud mail account or unable to receive new emails, then follow the steps given below to access your iCloud from Mac, iPad, or PC.
Before moving further with technical steps, make sure that you have a stable Internet connection. If you face any issues, connect your device to a mobile hotspot or network.
- Firstly, reboot the iCloud app installed on your device and check if your account is properly working or not.
- If the status of the email account is offline, you may face problems while sending or receiving emails.
- Your account may be indicated offline if you find that your account name is dimmed.
- In such a case, turn it online and check whether you are receiving emails on your account.
- Now, check if the iCloud mail is working properly also ensure whether you are receiving emails on your account.
- If the issue persists, navigate to the Mailbox and click the checkbox indicating, “Take All Accounts Online” option.
- Then, click on the top-right corner to open the Mail menu and then navigate to Preferences.
- Click on the Accounts tab and choose your iCloud account from the list that appeared on the screen.
- Click on the Advanced tab and check if every setting is properly configured.
- Check whether the port number is set to 993. Now, click on the Use SSL option.
- Also, select the Authentication type as Password.
- If you are using the iCloud mail account from an iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone, then open the official website of iCloud. Then, open Settings.
- Select iCloud and turn on Mail for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Open the Settings app on your smartphone and then go to the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Click on the “Fetch New Data” option and turn on Push.
- Now, write an email and send it to yourself to check if you are receiving emails on your account.
- If you have multiple iCloud Mail accounts, turn on Push for each account individually to troubleshoot the problem.
- At last, make sure that Push is left turned on for your main iCloud account.
If you are unable to receive iCloud mail not receiving emails on your account, find the exact cause of your problem and the proper method to fix the issue. You must also know the proper steps to set up an iCloud email account on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Mac. Proper setup is required to avoid any further issues with your iCloud account.