You might receive the error message indicating, “Unable to send or receive messages for the [your account name]” while using your Windows Live Mail account. This error message indicates that your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. There are multiple causes of this problem. Some of the important reasons are server problems, network problems, or any kind of inactivity on your account.
However, the problem can be caused due to a variety of other factors. So, it is recommended to try various troubleshooting methods to fix Windows live mail error id: 0x800ccc0f. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some common troubleshooting techniques to fix the problem.
What Causes Error code 0x800CCC0F?
Given below are some important reasons behind Windows live mail error id: 0x800ccc0f protocol SMTP port 465 issues:
- Slow speed of Windows Live Mail
- Late response of any program
- Internet connectivity problems
- Your system’s speed may become slow
How do I Resolve Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800ccc0f?
While accessing your mail account, you may run into the Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800ccc0f. There are several methods that you can try to fix windows live mail error id 0x800ccc0f protocol pop3 port 995. Here, we have mentioned some of the common troubleshooting tips to fix this issue:
Method 1. Turn-On Server authentication from account properties
The error can occur if the email client is not aware that the server of your email needs any authentication. To fix this:
- Navigate to Settings > Account > Properties.
- Check the box adjacent to ‘My server requires authentication.’
- At last, click on the Ok button.
Method 2. Reduce Number of Recipients:
Sometimes, the Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800ccc0f can occur due to the excess number of recipients. In such a case when you encounter this error message on your screen, try to reduce the number of recipients.
Method 3: Change Mail Sending Format
Changing the mail sending format from HTML to Plain Text can also help you to fix the error. To change the mail sending format, you have to do:
- First of all, open Windows Live Mail.
- Then, click on “Tools” and choose “Options” followed by a click on the “Send” button.
- Here, you have to click on “Mail Sending Format” and change it from HTML to Plain Text.
- At last, click on the “Save” button.
Method 4: Change the Ports
Tweaking your port settings can also help to fix this problem. For this, try changing your incoming port to 995 and outgoing mail to 465. After this, check if the SSL is ticked. If not, then enable SSL and check if your issue has been fixed.
Method 5: Troubleshoot Network Problems:
There can be some sort of network issues that can cause Windows live mail error id 0x800ccc0f. To resolve such network issues, you need to apply the steps given below:
- Click on the “Start” button located at the bottom-left corner. Then, go to “Control Panel” and then tap the “Network and Internet” option.
- Select the “Network and Sharing Centre” and “Fix a Network Problem” options.
- Enter the troubleshooting guide for the network and follow the on-screen instructions to fix the issue.
Method 6: Repair or Reinstall Windows Live Essentials
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously and type appwiz.cpl in the Run dialogue box.
- Select and Right-click on the Windows Live Essentials option.
- Choose Uninstall/change option from the context menu.
- Click on the Repair button and wait till the whole process is completed.
The above methods will help you to fix Windows live mail error id: 0x800ccc0f on your system. If you are still facing the issue even after trying the above methods, get in touch with the technical support team.