In this era of social media, almost everyone has an account on various social media platforms. One such platform is Instagram. You can use your Instagram account to connect with people around the globe. But sometimes, you may not have access to the email address that you have linked while creating an Instagram account. In such cases, it is important to change the email address on Instagram. If you are looking for answers to how to change the email on your Instagram account, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will help you with the detailed process of updating your email address on Instagram.
Why You Should Change Email Address on Instagram?
There are several reasons why you should update the email address linked to your Instagram account. You might not be able to access the email address that you have previously linked to the account. Or, you may be looking to update the email address with a new one.
It is very important to always keep the email address linked to your Instagram account updated as it will help you in resetting your password. Every time when you have to reset the password for your Instagram account, you will receive the reset password link on the email address linked to the account. If you fail to access that email address, you will be unable to change your email address on your Instagram account.
How to Change Your Email On Instagram Account?
Now that you are familiar with the fact why it’s important to change your email address on Instagram. It’s time to learn the exact process of updating your Instagram email address.
- Firstly, open the Instagram app on your device and go to your profile.
- Click on the “Edit Profile” button.
- Now, from the Edit Profile page, click on Personal Information Settings.
- Next, you have to click on the linked email address.
- Enter your new email address and tap the check icon.
What Happens if I Change My Email on Instagram?
If you change your email address on Instagram, your account gets automatically locked out from all devices. Your access has been denied on all the devices in which you were earlier logged in. So, now you have to enter your email address and new password on each device where you want to access your Instagram account.
If you have lost access to both your email address and the phone number that you use on Instagram, try to log in and change them. It is also good practice to change your phone number and email address on regular basis to make your account secure. However, if you face any problem while logging into your Instagram account with those credentials, use the Forgot Your Password option. You can even submit a special request and ask for temporary access to your Instagram account.
How do I Change the Business Email Linked to my Instagram?
If you are having a business account on Instagram, you can add more information about your business. These details include its website, business emails, and other important details. Follow the below-given steps to update your business email address on Instagram:
- Click on your profile photo appearing on the screen and navigate to your profile page.
- Now, tap the “Edit Profile” button.
- In the “Public Business Information” section, write the email address registered with your business account.
- Next, you need to select whether you want your business information accessible to the public or not.
- At last, click the “Done” button to save all the changes.
How to change your email on Instagram without being logged in on Mobile?
If you don’t have access to your mobile, then you can change your Instagram email address from Windows, Mac, and Chromebook. All you have to do is:
- Open Instagram in your browser or on your computer.
- Click on your profile photo and go to your profile page.
- Next to your username, click on the “Edit Profile” option.
- Once you’ve typed in your email address, click on “Submit.”
How to Change Instagram Email on iOS and Android?
Changing the email address linked to your Instagram account on Android and iOS devices is quite easy and simple. Follow the below-given steps to know how to change Instagram email without a password on the mobile version of Instagram:
- First, open the Instagram app on your device.
- Click on your profile photo appearing in the bottom-right corner. Your profile page will appear on the screen.
- Now, click on the three horizontal lines appearing in the upper-right corner followed by a click on ‘Settings.’
- Next, click on ‘Account.’
- From the next page that appears on the screen, click on ‘Personal information’ at the top.
- Once you enter your new email address, click on the icon if you are using an Android phone or click “Done” if you have an iPhone.
That’s it! You can follow the above-mentioned simple steps to change or update your email on Instagram.
Important Tips to Keep Your Account Secure
You must keep the following points in mind to keep your Instagram account secure and safe:
- Instead of wondering how to remove my email from Instagram, secure your primary email address.
- Avoid using Instagram on other people’s devices.
- Always choose a strong password for your Instagram account.
- Deny Instagram access to other apps.
If you like using Instagram, whether, for your business or a private account, it is good practice to keep the email address on Instagram updated. Changing your Instagram email address on regular basis prevents your account from unauthorized access. So, if you’ve lost access to the previous email address or have to update it with a new one, follow these simple steps to change your email on Instagram.