Instead of entering the respective email addresses of multiple accounts while sending emails, it is better to create an email group. These email group in Outlook allows you to send messages to groups without providing the mail addresses of respective accounts. Once you create an email group in Outlook 2013, 2016, 2019, or other versions, you can easily send emails to each member of it. Here, in this article, we have mentioned quick steps that you can follow to create email group in Outlook.
How do I Create Email Group in Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019
Creating an email group on all versions of Outlook is an easy task. You need to follow certain steps in order to create a group in Outlook. Let’s check these steps for different versions of Outlook in this article.
- First of all, launch the Outlook software.
- Go to “People” option in Home, which appears with a people icon. Sometimes, it may be indicated with … or located on the bottom left corner along with the calendar icon.
- Next, choose “Create new group.”
- Now, provide the relevant group name in the next window.
- Next, choose the “Add members” option.
- After that, you can add contacts from the Outlook contacts, address book, and by manually providing the new email details.
- You can use the Search tab to search for contacts and highlight them to add.
- Repeat the same process every time to add multiple contacts to a group, and click Save and Close.
Outlook 2016 and 2019:
- Launch the Outlook application and tap the Contacts icon located on the bottom left corner of the navigation pane.
- Now, choose New Contact Group from the Home tab.
- Next, click “Add members” to follow the on-screen steps to add contacts.
- To add multiple contacts at once, press the CTRL key while selecting each mail contact from the address book.
- Next, you have to click the Add members button to add selected contacts as members to your email group.
- Next, click the OK button to continue.
- Make sure you have entered all the contacts that you want into your contact list and then provide any name for your group.
- At last, navigate to the Contact tab and click Save & Close.
How do I Create Email Group in Outlook 365?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to create a distribution list in Office 365:
- First, visit https://admin.microsoft.com to log in to the admin center. Enter the login credentials of your work email to continue.
- Click on the app launcher icon and select Admin.
- Choose Groups from the left navigation pane and select “Add a group.”
- Now, in the “Choose a group type” field, choose Distribution and then tap Next.
- Provide a name, description, and an email alias that you want to add to your new group. Also, select whether you want to allow people outside your organization to send emails to your group.
- Click the “Add” button to create a list. From the member’s tab, choose View all and manage members.
- From the next page that appears, choose to add members and manually select members from contact to add them.
- At last, save and close the window.
Steps to Create a Contact List In Outlook on Mac
If you are a Mac user, follow the below-mentioned steps to save a distribution list in Outlook on it:
- Click on the People icon located at the bottom left of the Outlook window.
- Now, tap the New Contact List option from the ribbon.
- Enter a name for your list. You can also go through File > New > Contact List from the menu bar to create a contact list.
- Type the Name and E-mail address in the popup window to add contacts to your list. If the name that you are adding is already an existing contact, it will suggest that contact display. In such cases, you just have to select it to add to the list.
- In case of adding new contacts, enter their names and email addresses in the respective blank. Before closing the window, you can assign a Category to the group from the ribbon. Here, you will get options like family, friends, and team.
Once you are done with the above steps, click Save & Close button from the ribbon to finish adding members to the list.
Quick Steps to Edit a Contact List in Outlook
After you know how to create an email distribution list in Outlook, you might be wondering how you can edit that list. Follow the below-given steps to add a new email contact or change the group ID of an existing group:
- Open Outlook and type a new message. Then, enter the group ID in the ‘To’ field.
- Now, right-click on the list and choose the ‘Edit Contact’ option.
Once done, the contact group tab will then appear. Here, you add new members or remove members from the existing group by selecting the relevant option.
It is really easy to create an email group on email clients like Microsoft Outlook and Gmail. In this blog, we have provided you with the detailed steps that you can follow to create email group in Outlook’s different versions. Just follow these steps to create an email group on Windows and Mac devices.