Have you deleted your Gmail account and opened another? Instances may occur when you may need any information from your old Gmail account. In such cases, you have to restore your previous Gmail account to recover its emails and other important information. Here, in this article, we have mentioned all information that you may need to recover deleted Gmail account.
How to Recover a Permanently Deleted Gmail Account?
It is quite easy to recover a deleted Gmail account. You need to apply the below-given simple steps to get your account back:
- First, click the “Account support” link from the account deletion page.
- If you deleted your account a few days back, visit Google’s site.
- Click the “Sign in” button and enter your Gmail account address.
- If Google detects your account as a recently deleted one, tap the “Next” button.
- If you don’t know the password of your account, click the “Try another way” link.
- Enter another email address and press the “Next” button.
- Wait till you receive Google’s message in the inbox of your other email account. Click on the link and follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the account recovery process.
- If you know your last password, go back and enter it in the password field. Then, press the “Next” button.
- If the entered password is correct, you will be able to access your account back.
- At last, click the “Continue” button to complete the deleted Gmail account recovery process.
Can You Recover Deleted Gmail Account After Long Time?
Usually, it is only possible to recover your deleted Gmail account only within 30-days of deletion. But what happens if you have to access emails from the deleted accounts after a long time? Can you still recover them and access mail from those accounts?
In short: yes, it is possible to recover deleted Gmail messages after a long time. However, the process is quite a difficult process, and it may take some time and effort. In such cases, you need to keep certain things in mind for recovering your old emails:
- First, check your Trash folder. Sometimes, deleted emails are directly moved to the Trash folder after a certain time, so it is the first place to look.
- If your deleted emails are not in your Trash folder, search through your archived emails. The archived emails are copies of all the emails deleted from your inbox or sent folder. You can also search it in Google’s search engine.
Recover Deleted Gmail Messages Without Recovery Email or Phone Number
In this section, we will take a look at how to recover deleted Gmail accounts without phone numbers and email IDs. All you have to do is:
- Open the Google Account Recovery page.
- Provide your Gmail account username and click the “Next” button.
- Now, the next screen that appears on the screen will display three options. These include: Enter your password, Get verification email on recovery email, and Try another way to sign in.
- Since you are unable to access the recovery mail ID set or your last password, choose “Try another way to sign in” to continue the recovery process.
- If you are already signed in with the same account on any other device, a pop-up will appear on the screen. Here, click on the “Yes” button to verify your identity to sign in. If you don’t have access to the same Gmail account on any other devices, you may fail to use this method.
- The next screen that appears on screen show you to recover your Google account using SMS verification. If you can access the registered mobile number, click on the” Send” button to verify it. But, since you have not added a recovery mobile number, you cannot use this method as well.
- Next, you need to click on “Try another way”.
- After that, you’ll receive a link to reset your password after 72 hours. Google takes about 3 days to ensure that the email ID you entered is actually yours. If you don’t receive the mail after 72 hours, check your spam or junk folder.
Does Gmail delete old accounts?
It is quite difficult to answer this question. It is noticed that in some cases, Gmail delete old accounts after a certain period of inactivity. However, in a few cases, it is found that people who have had inactive accounts for years can still access them. Gmail only delete your old account in certain cases only, but there is no definite answer to this question. If you’re worried about your account being deleted, it’s best to directly check with Google what their policy is.
Just apply these steps to recover your Gmail account even after a long time. However, it is important to keep in mind that Google only provides you only 30 days of time to recover your permanently deleted account. By applying the above simple method, you can easily recover your account if you have accidentally deleted it. Once your account is recovered, you can access all your emails and other stored info.