Sometimes you may face problems while sending emails from your Outlook account. These mains do not appear in the Sent items even after sending them. Or simply, the email was not delivered to the person you have sent. The situation remains the same even after multiple sending attempts and may bother you if you have something very important to send. In this blog, we have mentioned why your email is not sending in Outlook and how you can overcome it. So, let’s start without wasting our time.
Common Reasons Why Are My Emails Not Sending in Outlook
Instances like emails getting stuck in Outbox are quite common and faced by many Outlook users. Every time when it is taking a lot of time for sending emails, the message gets trapped in Outbox. In such cases, you may even get an error message indicating that the message is not sent to the recipient.
Given below are some possible reasons for Outlook 365 not sending emails from your account:
- Emails stuck at the time of sending due to large attachments. The size of the attachment that you are sending in your email exceeds the size limit. As a result, it either halts or slows down the sending process.
- Any add-ons installed in your Outlook browser may mark the email as viewed.
- The Outlook account with which you are facing this issue is not authenticated by the mail server.
- Improperly configured send/receive settings on your Outlook account are incorrect which halts the email sending process.
- Antivirus or anti-spam installed on your system may affect the outgoing mail.
How to Resolve Outlook not Sending Emails Issue?
After knowing all the possible causes of the Outlook not sending emails stuck in outbox problem, it’s time to resolve it. Let’s try the following methods one by one to again send emails from your Outlook account.
Before you apply the following methods, make sure your device has an adequate internet connection. Slow or poor internet connectivity can cause problems while sending emails, especially, emails with large attachments.
Method 01: Configure Outlook Connection Status:
Before applying any manual method to fix Outlook not sending emails Windows 10 issue, check the status of the mail server. If the mail server is offline, your email will remain in the Outbox folder until the status of the server changes to online. Follow the below-given steps to check and change the state of the mail server:
- The right-hand corner of Outlook displays whether it is connected to Microsoft Exchange or not. If the status is “Connected,” then everything is OK at the server end.
- If its state is Working Offline, then navigate to Send/Receive tab and click on the Work Offline button to disable it. After doing this, send the email again to check if the issue is solved.
- If it is displaying a “Disconnected” status, check the internet connection and re-connect your device to the internet source.
Method 02: Check the Email Settings
Improper email settings are the main reason for Outlook not sending or receiving emails. You can check the email setting as you might have set the mode of ‘send later’ or ‘delayed sending’. Such options make your email stuck in the Outbox of your Outlook emails. In these cases, you can either disable this setting or wait till the time of sending that you have set is reached.
Method 03: Sync Your Password
If the password of your email account and Outlook account mismatches, it will stuck your emails in the Outbox of Outlook. If you have changed the password for your email account, then you must change your Outlook account’s password as well. Follow the below-given steps to change the password for your Outlook email account:
- Firstly, open Outlook.
- Go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Navigate to the Email tab.
- Choose your email account for which you want to change your password and click Change.
- Enter your new password in the Password box.
- After entering your password, click Next > Close > Finish.
Once you are done with the above steps, tap the Send/Receive All Folders button located in the upper-left corner. You can even press F9 to try sending your email.
Method 04: Repair Outlook in Windows 10
If your Outlook not sending emails but receiving them, it’s time to repair it. All you have to do is:
- First of all, close all the Microsoft Office apps that are currently running on your system.
- Type Apps & Features in the Windows search box located at the bottom-left corner.
- Select Apps & Features.
- Locate and click on Microsoft Office from the list of installed apps and features that appear on the screen.
- Select Modify and then Yes from the “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?” pop-up.
- Select Online Repair > Repair.
Once the repairing process is completed, Restart Outlook and check if you are able to send an email from your account.
In this blog, we discussed the email not sending in Outlook issue. We have also mentioned the reasons why such an issue occurs. If you are unable to send emails from the Outlook email account, check if they are stuck in Outbox without being sent. We then discussed the effective solutions that you can try to fix the issue. Apply these methods one by one to fix your issue. Hope these methods helped you to send emails from your Outlook account.