Although Microsoft Outlook is an application software that is used as an email service and functions as a personal organizer. Along with just sending and receiving emails, your Outlook account can also serve many other purposes like calendar, contact manager, task manager, web browsing, and many more. But sometimes you may face some problems with your account that need to be resolved at the earliest in order to avoid any problem. Here, in this article, we have mentioned in detail how to fix Microsoft Outlook instant search box missing issue.
What Causes Microsoft Outlook Search Not Working Issue?
There can be several reasons apart from improper Outlook mail settings that make the outlook search unable to work properly. Some of the main reasons are given below:
- Corrupted or incomplete installation of Microsoft Outlook software in your system.
- Any software related to Microsoft Outlook that has been recently installed or uninstalled may create a problem.
- Infected Windows System files or virus malware in your system.
- When any software mistakenly deleted Outlook-related files.
There are some causes for Outlook Search syntax 501 error. It is very important to find the exact cause of the problem so you can identify the exact steps to fix it.
How To Fix Outlook 365 Search Not Working Issue?
When you face any error while running the Microsoft Outlook application on your devices, you need to apply some troubleshooting steps to fix the search syntax 501 error. All you have to do is:
Method 1. Detect and Remove the Problematic Outlook Add-ins
There might be some add-ins or customization files installed into the Outlook application that may improve the user experience. Any problem with the add-ins can cause problems and affects the normal working of Outlook. You can follow the steps given below to spot if any add-ins are creating the issue:
- First of all, press the Ctrl key and tap the Outlook icon to start the application in safe mode; you may also open the Outlook app in command prompt to launch it in safe mode and then type outlook.exe /safe.
- If the Outlook app is launched successfully, try to send/receive emails or do any other task to make sure that add-ins are causing the problem.
- Now you need to find which add-in is faulty. For this, go to File -> Options -> Add-ins -> Go.
- All add-ins will be unchecked automatically due to the safe mode. You need to check all add-ins One by one and restart Outlook again with each check. If Outlook doesn’t start correctly, then the problem can be due to add-ins.
Method 2: Get rid of system junk:
If you are facing problems while browsing the web or using the computer on a daily basis, then some temporary files might have stored in the hard drive, which is also known as junk files. If there are overloaded junk files, then you might get Error 501 in Outlook app. To fix such junk files, you need to perform a disk clean-up.
Method 3: Update device drivers:
Sometimes any problem with the search bar can occur due to old and outdated device drivers. You need to update device drivers on regular basis, which helps you to fix many syntax errors or driver-related issues.
Hope, these methods have helped you to fix the “Microsoft Outlook Search Not Working” issue. This means these steps will help you to bring your Outlook account to a working state. Try the above resolutions to see which one resolves the issue for you. These troubleshooting steps will definitely help you to fix any problem while sending the email from your Outlook account.