Yahoo Mail is one of the popular email service providers that offer free web-based email services to its customers. Further, it offers dedicated plans to its clients that they can use as per their requirements. Moreover, Yahoo also offers various other services apart from just sending or receiving emails, but to access all these you need a valid Yahoo mail account.
After successful Yahoo mail login, you can access all such amazing services offered by Yahoo Mail. Further, it is very important for users to secure their accounts from malicious attacks and threats. So, to ensure the safety of these accounts, you need to update your account details on a regular basis to avoid security threats. But sometimes, you may face problems while applying Yahoo account recovery techniques for your account. If you are also facing such issues, it is important to resolve them in time by following a simple recovery procedure that we have mentioned in this article.
Methods for Yahoo account recovery
Given below are some popular recovery methods that you can try to fix yahoo mail not working issue or to recover your Yahoo account:
- Recovery phone number
- Alternative Email address
- Security questions
To recover your lost Yahoo account, it is important to be familiar with every recovery method. You can use any of the above-mentioned recovery methods, your alternate number, email address, or Yahoo account security questions. Let’s check each of the methods in detail from below:
Quick Steps for How to Recover Yahoo Email Account?
To recover Yahoo email account, you can apply the steps given below:
- To recover your Yahoo account, you need to open the Sign-in page of Yahoo, i.e., https://login.yahoo.com/.
- After that, you need to enter your username and then click on the Next button.
- Now, click on the Forgot password option. This will redirect you to the Yahoo account recovery page.
- Now, various recovery options will appear on your device screen. All you have to do is select the relevant one from any three mentioned above for recovering your account.
- Thereafter, you will receive a code on the selected mode. Enter the received code in the prompted box.
- Once the account is successfully verified, you will get an option to create a new password for your account.
- And once you set the new password for your Yahoo account, you can easily recover your Yahoo account.
The above steps will easily help you to recover your Yahoo account. However, there are some instances when you may face problems while recovering your Yahoo account. Sometimes, these recovery methods may not work properly. Well, in such cases, you need to find out the exact reason behind the problem and then fix problems by signing a Yahoo account.
You can get in touch with the support centers directly and get the required help to fix Yahoo-related issues in time. In case if you don’t have access to any of the above recovery methods like email, phone number, or answers to the security questions, even then you can recover your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to recover a Yahoo password without a phone number and alternate email?
You can answer your security question to recover Yahoo password without a phone number and alternate email. For this:
- Open any web browser and navigate to Yahoo.com.
- Enter the username in the sign-in page and click on the Forgot Password? link from the top of the page.
- You will be taken to the Yahoo recovery page where you need to select Answer security question to recover your Yahoo account.
- After the Yahoo server will send the code. Enter the code in the required field to create a new password. Enter am unique password.
How Long Does Yahoo keep an inactive email account?
If you don’t use your Yahoo account for 12 months, then it will automatically be deleted after a year of inactivity.
How can I recover my deleted emails from years ago Yahoo?
There are various methods to recover your deleted account. But the easiest way to retrieve deleted emails from Yahoo is by quickly going to the Trash folder and undeleting them from there.