Wanted to send an urgent email and for this, you open your Yahoo mail account only to find out Yahoo mail not working. Well, there are times when you could not use your Yahoo account due to some humanoid errors such as slow internet connection or incorrect login credentials. However, sometimes, you may not be able to access your Yahoo account due to some other reasons which could be unknown to you. Thus, to make it clearer for you, I have compiled all the relevant details here in this article so that you could use your Yahoo mail account without any hassle.
Is Yahoo mail down?
Well, this question might come to your mind when you come across a “Yahoo mail not working” issue. At times, when the Yahoo mail server is down you will not be able to use your Yahoo account. So, to clear your confusion if Yahoo mail is down or not, you can navigate to the downdetector.com/status/yahoo-mail/ page and check the server status of Yahoo mail.
Why is my yahoo email app not working?
Among several other reasons, some most common reasons why your Yahoo mail app is not working are listed below:
- Most probably, yahoo mail servers are down
- An ad-blocker is restricting the app usage
- There is an issue with the internet connection you are using
- You haven’t installed the recent update of Yahoo mail
- You have logged in through different devices
- You are making mistakes in entering your login details
- Or, you are mistyping the recipient’s address
These are some of the common reasons why your yahoo mail app is not working. So, let’s try to see how we can fix this issue on different browsers and devices.
Fix Yahoo mail not working on Android
- A user should ensure that he has installed the latest update of the Yahoo mail app
- He can also try to clean the cache and app data on his Android
- Else, try force stopping your app and then restart it
- Otherwise, uninstall the application and re-install it
- Fix connection related issues, if there is any
- Install the latest update of OS on your Android device
- Or, fix Yahoo Mail Login Problems by resetting your login details
Fix Yahoo mail not working on Google chrome
Make sure that your device is getting high-speed connectivity. If it is, then follows the steps given below:
- Run Google Chrome on your device
- Then, click on the menu button represented by three dots
- After that, choose the “more tools” option
- Now, select the “clear browser” option
- On the next page, select “cookies” and “cache files”
- Now, scroll down to the bottom and choose “Remove”
- In the end, restart the browser as well as your device
Yahoo mail notifications not working on iPhone or iPad
To fix this issue, you can perform the following steps:
- To enable the notifications, go to the “settings” menu
- Then, tap on the “Notifications” option
- From there, choose “Yahoo Mail” from the list
- Select the “Allow notifications” toggle towards the enable position
If that doesn’t help, you can disable it by going through the same process and then enable it once again.
What if Yahoo email filters not working?
If the filters you have applied to your yahoo account are not working as they should be, then you might need to check the filter settings again. If the settings are correct and you are having trouble sending or receiving emails, then you should check your spam folder first. If that doesn’t fix the issue, then head to the help.yahoo.com/kb/account/fix-problems-yahoo-mail-sln28075.html page and learn ways to fix issues with your Yahoo mail account.
How to fix Yahoo Mail not working on a desktop computer?
In case yahoo mail does not work properly on your desktop computer, then you should follow these easy troubleshooting guidelines to fix the issue:
- Try clearing your browser’s cache memory
- Install the latest updates of your browser
- Restart your computer and see if the issue persists
- Try to use Yahoo on another device
- Check if the Yahoo mail servers are down
You can also try these remedies if the Yahoo mail settings not working on Mac.
Try this if Yahoo mail settings not working with Outlook 365
If you experience Yahoo mail not working with Outlook or any other email client, then you must check if the incoming mail server settings or outgoing mail server settings are correct or not. If you apply incorrect yahoo mail IMAP settings, then you are sure to face this problem.
Hopefully, this article has helped you with fixing the Yahoo mail not working issue. If you are unable to use Yahoo mail after trying these steps, then you may visit mail.yahoo.com for more information. Here, you can find helpful details on yahoo mail password reset not working, or any other related query.