Yahoo is one of the popular email service providers available in market, nowadays. Due to all the latest technologies, like the easy-to-use interface associated with itself, you can easily avail the best email services. There are various issues that you may experience while using your Yahoo account. Most of the users experience problems while resetting password of their Yahoo account.
Usually, such Yahoo mail login problems get tricky for the people who have forgotten their yahoo account password and need to reset it. Sometimes, you may experience the issue of Yahoo verification code not working while resetting the password. So, here in this article, we have mentioned common reasons and workaround to fix this problem.
Why Yahoo Mail Not Sending Verification Code?
There are several common reasons for the occurrence of this problem while resetting the password on yahoo mail. Some of these are given below:
- Using a landline: You may experience a problem if you are using the landline number for the purpose of verification. Yahoo Mail will not send verification codes & links on that. Always try to ask for verification mail on your alternate email ID. You can only receive the code on Yahoo verification code phone number or mobile number.
- Incorrect contact information: There are chances that you might have somehow provide the wrong contact information such as the email ID or the phone number. In such cases, you will not receive the verification code on the number you are expecting. To avoid such situation, always check the contact details you are providing. This makes you able to receive the verification code for a password reset directly on that.
- Device storage: Lack of device storage makes you unable to receive new messages in your inbox. In such a case, clear your device memory so that you can receive new message with the verification code in the inbox of the device.
Quick Steps to Resolve Yahoo Verification Code Not Receiving Error?
The above causes are mainly responsible for many other issues that result in Yahoo mail not working error. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to eradicate this issue easily:
- Before applying these steps make sure that your device has a stable internet connection.
- Now, open the Yahoo Sign-in page in any browser. Enter the user-id and password in the given space to log in to your account.
- After successful login, locate and click on the Account info icon which is usually located on the top-right corner.
- Then, click on the Account Security option after which you have to configure your phone number.
- Choose two-step verification option and then make relevant changes in your security settings. You just have to change the phone number to get the verification code. This will automatically resolve your Yahoo not authorizing issue.
- Select the appropriate methods of receiving the code. You can choose one among receiving verification codes on mobile numbers or by making a call.
- After selecting anyone, you will get your initial code and get access to your account.
- In case, if you don’t have access to the registered number, then you can select an alternative email id to receive the code.
Hope, the above-mentioned information provided you all the information like what is a Yahoo verification code and how you can receive it. If you experience any problem with the above steps, you can contact the tech experts to avail of instant support. They are available 24*7 to help you to fix the problem of Yahoo verification not working issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Stop Yahoo Verification Code Texts?
If you want to disable two-step verification, then sign in to your My Account page. Navigate to Account Security tab and click the Turn off-link. Then, you have to confirm your mobile number and click the Continue button.
Why can’t I receive yahoo verification code on my phone?
There are many reasons by which you may not receive a verification code on your mobile phone. Some of these are:
- You might be using the Landline number for receiving verification code.
- Your device storage is might be full then it may not receive new messages.
- You might have entered the wrong contact information. If there is any such information, make your information correct.
How can I get Yahoo SMS verification code?
There are several workarounds that you can try to get verification code. Firstly, check whether Yahoo is not blocked by the ISP of the alternate email. Also, check whether the two-step verification option is enabled or not.